This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new balance roav
My sense of self is in constant flux, but the most notable shift has been a healthy detachment from all that we can’t control. I used to fall prey to the victim mindset, perpetually wondering what was wrong new balance fuelcore nergize with me. I glorified the women who seemed to have it all figured out, and shamed myself for struggling. But something flipped when I was pregnant and hyper-aware of the effects my nervous system had on my growing baby. I became steadfast about the maitri, a Buddhist practice, also known as “loving kindness” meditation. I started to filter everything through the lens of, “What if this isn’t happening to me but for me?” Don’t get me wrong, I still struggle, but now I give myself a little more grace thanks to the deep knowing that compassion leads to a more wholehearted and connected way of life.
Motherhood unleashed my inner femininity. I’ve always gravitated toward organic textures and flowy silhouettes, but used to feel silly wearing anything too ethereal. But I’m committed to modeling the many facets of what it means to be a woman for my daughter, and that includes the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel most at home in your own skin. And for me, that’s usually a light, earthy palette and fewer quality pieces. This isn’t very in vogue, but I also love to wear things that are totally worry-free, like my husband’s discarded new balance roav oversized tees, which I don’t think twice about lying around in. 
It’s a lot easier to practice what I preach with Lola in the mix. One of our mainstay mantras at 3rd Ritual is that “when you move half as fast, you notice twice as much,” and there’s no better tether to the present moment than a toddler who will literally swat your phone out of your hand if you’re not paying enough attention.